October 09, 2008

Curvy wood sculptures

Sculptor Robert Long says:

"Achieving beauty is my foremost goal."

And oh boy does he reach that goal!



"The inspiration for nearly all of my work has its origins in the natural environment. Dried, curling, twisted leaves in the fall, elegant snow drifts of the winter and rock formations sculpted by the elements are just a few references."



"Curved lines have always held a fascination for me over straight lines. I enjoy working a material to its maximum physical and visual potential."





"The aesthetics of both form and material should complement one another and not rely on or compete with one another."

1 comment:

Regina said...

Absolutely amazing. I share this artist's interest in curved lines over straight. A curve can take you anywhere; lead you to anything.
--------------------------
Gini’s Magic
www.ginismagic.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails